The Top 30 Under 30 is the annual recognition program from the Ontario Hostelry Institute that celebrates the hospitality and foodservice industry's top 30 young professionals in all sectors of the industry. This high profile recognition program celebrates and recognizes future generations of hospitality leaders who are and will continue to make a difference!
Criteria: We are looking for those individuals that are not only great at their job but are also involved with industry through volunteer work for the betterment of the industry. We are looking for those individuals who show the leadership potential to help grow the industry.
2018 TOP 30 UNDER 30 NOMINATION PROCESS
Some helpful things to keep in mind about the OHI Top 30 Under 30 procedure surrounding the nominations and selection process before undertaking the nomination process using the on-line form or the downloaded form that follows:
1. Nominations open September 11th, 2017 for the 2018 Top 30 Under 30
2. The nomination form is available on the website www.theohi.ca and can be filled in online or downloaded filled in and emailed or faxed to the OHI office.
3. And the principle requirement is that the candidate being nominated should be currently working in the industry for at least 3 years, will continue to be in the industry and is under the age of 30 years of age as of December 31, 2017 (cannot be 30 prior to December 31, 2017).
4. The deadline for this year’s nominations is December 29th, 2017.
5. Please inform the person you are nominating. It’s not a surprise, as they will be required to provide a portfolio in order to be considered. Only one nomination is needed per candidate. Please ensure that the candidate’s correct contact information, particularly their email address, is on the nomination form since we do our communication ONLY by e-mail.
6. Once the nomination form has been received the candidate will be contacted in early January 2018, to confirm their nomination, and to request and instruct the candidates that they must submit a ‘hard copy’ portfolio.
The portfolio will have to contain the following:
1. A CV/resume
2. A minimum of two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from their nominator
3. A recent high-res coloured head and shoulder photograpoh and
4. Any other pertinent academic and career awardsThe hard copy portfolio must be bound. No loose papers.
The portfolio must be received by February 28, 2018. No portfolios will be accepted by e-mail.
There will be reminders to the candidates to submit their ‘hard copy’ portfolios. The nominator is copied on all emails and we encourage the nominators to help their candidates complete and submit the portfolio. ONLY completed portfolios are considered. Please also keep in mind that portfolios are NOT returned as they become the property of the OHI and only copies of certificates extra should be included in the portfolio.
7. The OHI Selection Committee which is made up of 20 – 22 members of the industry, including many past Top 30 Under 30 Winners, representing a large spectrum of the industry. The selection of the 2018 Top 30 Under 30 will be made on March 14, 2018.
The announcement of the successful candidates will be made on March 16th, 2018. The candidates will be informed prior to the announcement.
The 2018 Top 30 Under 30 Award Ceremony will be held on Wednesday March 28th, 2018.
Please know that the selection of the winners is a difficult task which we take very seriously as we receive over 100 nominations from amazing and stellar individuals and we congratulate each and everyone one of these spectacular people but unfortunately we are only able to chose only 30.
That being said …let’s let the stars shine! Make your nominations today!