The Top 30 Under 30 is an annual recognition program that celebrates the hospitality and foodservice industry's top 30 young professionals in all sectors. This high profile recognition program celebrates and recognizes future generations of hospitality leaders who are and will make a difference!
The Top 30 Under 30 winners are celebrated and acknowledged at a special reception and and in the media.
TOP 30 UNDER 30 NOMINATIONS - FOR 2017 ARE NOW CLOSED
Some helpful things to keep in mind about the OHI Top 30 UNDER 30 procedure surrounding the nominations and selection process before undertaking the actual nominating process using the on-line form or the downloaded form that follows:
1. In September, 2016 the OHI sends out requests for nominations for the coming year’s 2017 Top 30 UNDER 30 candidates.
2. The nomination form is available on the website <http://www.theohi.ca> and the principle requirement is that the candidate to be nominated should be currently working in the industry for at least 3 years and under 30 years of age as of December 31, 2016. To advance to the form please click on the NOMINATION icon below.
3. The deadline for these nominations is December 30th, 2016.
4. The candidate should be informed, by their nominator – if only for their correct contact information alone, which is key since we do our communication directly, and only by e-mail, with the person nominated at this and the next stage of the process. We only use the e-mail address provided.
5. The OHI will then contact the candidate, in early January, 2017 after nominations are closed, to inform them of their nomination, and at the same time, request and instruct the candidates that they must submit a ‘hard copy’ portfolio (it must contain: a CV/resume, two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from their sponsor, a very recent high-res coloured head and shoulder photograph and other pertinent academic and career awards – the portfolio must be bound or enclosed in a folder) by late February 15, 2017, that must be received and delivered to the OHI offices – the OHI only communicates via e-mail – no portfolios will be accepted by e-mail. There are one to two reminders to the candidates to submit their ‘hard copy’ portfolios, and unless there is an obvious problem, the OHI leaves it to the candidates to submit this package in a timely manner. As we ONLY review submitted and completed portfolios that are received, those that are not, regardless of them being nominated, are not considered. Again, portfolios must contain a high-res colour head and shoulder photograph. Portfolios will NOT be returned.
6. The selection committee comes together in March, 2017 to make the selection of the final Top 30 UNDER 30 winning candidates.
The announcement of the successful candidates is then made early in March 2017. A reception is then held on Wednesday March 29, 2017, to which successful candidates and their sponsor are invited.