ONTARIO HOSTELRY INSTITUTE
GORDON CARDY HOSPITALITY/CULINARY AWARD $5,000
Who Can Apply
* Ontario College students currently enrolled in the first year of a minimum two-year diploma program
* Ontario University students currently enrolled in the second and third year of a four year degree
* Students must be enrolled in the following program:
Ø Hotel and Food Administration
Ø Hospitality and Tourism Management
Ø Hotel, Resort and Restaurant Management
Ø Hotel/Hospitality Management
Ø Culinary Management
* Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
* Applicant must not have received any other Ontario Hostelry Institute Scholarship Award
How to Apply
Send completed application to:
Ontario Hostelry Institute
300 Adelaide Street East, Suite 339
Toronto ON M5A 1N1
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
The completed application form must be accompanied by the following (missing documents or incomplete application will be grounds for elimination):
· Official Transcript of Records: This is a complete academic history at the college you are enrolled in now. If you are going to a different college to pursue your bachelor’s degree, we will need your transcript from the diploma program as well (web grades, academic records, photocopy, emailed or faxed transcripts are NOT accepted).
· Copy of your resumé or curriculum vitae
· Two letters of recommendation:
o One from either a current faculty member and/or a school administration. Please ensure that it is on school letterhead and that it is signed by the individual and must include address, telephone and e-mail address.
o One from a current or past employer or coordinator supervising your extracurricular/volunteer activities. Please ensure that it is on school letterhead and that it is signed by the individual and must include address, telephone and e-mail address.
· A 500 to 600 word essay (see application form for essay topics)
· A photo of yourself:
o The photo should be 300 dpi which is a 1024 x 768 setting on your camera and should be a TIFF or JPEG file (4 x 6)
o The photo needs to be of your head and shoulders only – NO creative shots will be accepted
o Photo needs to be emailed to email@example.com
The Ontario Hostelry Institute reserves the right to check all references. Faxed applications of supporting documents will NOT be accepted.
Applications are reviewed by an independent panel of judges appointed by the Institute and will be judged equally on the following criteria: academic record, work experience, essay, extracurricular/volunteer activities and letters of reference.
Payment of Award Money
Full payment of the award money will be made to the college by November of the year the award is received and will be credited toward the recipient’s tuition fees. If there are no outstanding tuition fees, the money will be paid to the award recipient by the college. An applicant must be registered full-time or they will forfeit the award payment.
Applications must be received by the Institute no later than Friday, April 29, 2016. Applications received after this date will not be eligible. Names of the award recipients will be posted on the Institute’s website www.theohi.ca/scholarships by August 2016.