ONTARIO HOSTELRY INSTITUTE
HOTEL, FOOD AND BEVERAGE AND CULINARY MANAGEMENT AWARDS
OHI - Gordon Cardy Hotel Management Award & Culinary Awards
These awards are named in honour of Gordon Cardy who was at one time Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Pacific Hotels which is now known as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
- OHI - Gordon Cardy Hotel Management Award or Culinary Management Award $2,500 (one award)
Klaus D. Tenter Hotel Management Award
This award is made possible by funds raised by friends and colleagues upon Klaus Tenter's retirement in 2003 as General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel, Toronto.
- Klaus D. Tenter Hotel Management Award $2,500 (one award)
Brian M. Cooper Food and Beverage Award
This award is named in memory of Brian Cooper who was Dean of George Brown College Hospitality Centre and a founding board director of the Ontario Hostelry Institute.
- Brian M. Cooper Food and Beverage Award $1,500 (one award)
Who Can Apply
Hotel Management Awards & Food and Beverage Award
- Ontario college students in the first (1st) year of a minimum two-year diploma program
- Ontario University students eligible to apply:
First year (1st) second (2nd) and third (3rd) year of a degree program enrolled in any one of the following Programs:
- Hotel & Food Administration
- Hotel Management
- Hospitality & Restaurant Management
- Hotel and Resort
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Food & Beverage Management
Ontario college students in their first year of a two-year Culinary diploma program are eligible to apply for this award.
Applicants for all of the above awards must not have received any other Ontario Hostelry Institute Award and must be Canadian Citizens or Landed Immigrants.
How to Apply
Send completed application and required documents to the Ontario Hostelry Institute, 300 Adelaide Street East, Suite 339, Toronto, ON, M5A 1N1. The application form must be accompanied by the following (missing or incomplete documents will be grounds for elimination):
- Application form: completed and signed (pen typewritten submission only)
- Official Transcript of Records: most current of your complete academic history at your college/university (web grades, photocopy, emailed or faxed transcripts are NOT accepted)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation from a current faculty member and/or school administrator: has to be signed and must include address, telephone and where possible, email address
- Letter(s) of Recommendation from a current faculty member and/or school administrator has to be signed and must include address, telephone and where possible, the email address
- Letter(s) of Recommendation from a current or past employer or coordinator supervising your extracurricular/volunteer activities: has to be signed and must include address, telephone and where possible, email address
The Institute reserves the right to check all references. Faxed application and documents will NOT be accepted.
Applications are judged on work experience, extracurricular activities, academic record and letters of recommendation. Equal weighting is given to each of the judging criteria. An independent panel of judges appointed by the Institute will review the applications and decide on the award recipients.
Payment of Award Money
A one-time payment will be made to the college or university in November of the year the award is received, to be credited toward the recipient's tuition fees. If the fees have been paid in full, the award money is to be given to the recipient by the school. The Institute will seek confirmation of full time re-enrollment from the school prior to sending payment. Recipients not enrolled full time forfeit their award payment.
Applications must be received by the Institute no later than Tuesday, April 30, 2013. Applications received after this date will not be eligible. Names of the award recipients will be posted on the Institute's website www.theohi.ca/scholarships by August 2013.