ONTARIO HOSTELRY INSTITUTE
BACHELOR OF APPLIED BUSINESS DEGREE IN HOSPITALITY OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT AWARD $5,000 (Two awards)
Who Can Apply
- Third and fourth year students currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Applied Business in Hospitality Operations Management program at George Brown College ($5,000) or Niagara College ($5,000)
- Must be Canadian Citizens or Landed Immigrants.
- Applicants must not have received any other Ontario Hostelry Institute Award
How to Apply
Send completed application to the Ontario Hostelry Institute, 300 Adelaide Street East, Suite 339, Toronto, ON, M5A 1N1. The application form must be accompanied by the following (missing or incomplete documents will be grounds for elimination):
- Application form: completed and signed (pen or typewritten submissions only)
- Official Transcript of Records: complete academic history at the college you are enrolled in now. If you are going to a different college to pursue your bachelor's degree, we will need your transcript from the diploma program as well (web grades, academic records, photocopy, emailed or faxed transcripts are NOT accepted).
- Letter(s) of recommendation: from a current faculty member and/or school administrator has to be signed and must include address, telephone and where possible e-mail address.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a current or past employer or coordinator supervising your extracurricular/volunteer activities has to be signed and must include address, telephone and where possible e-mail address.
- A 500 to 600-word essay (see application form for essay topics)
The Ontario Hostelry Institute reserves the right to check all references. Faxed applications and supporting documents will NOT be accepted.
Applications are reviewed by an independent panel of judges appointed by the Institute and will be judged equally on the following criteria: academic record, work experience, essay, extracurricular/volunteer activities and letters of reference.
Payment of Award Money
Full payment of the award money will be made to the college by November of the year the award is received to be credited toward the recipient's tuition fees. If there are no outstanding tuition fees, the money will be paid to the award recipient by the college. An applicant in third year must be registered full-time for the fourth year or they will forfeit the award payment. An applicant in fourth year must have graduated or they will forfeit the award payment.
Applications must be received by the Institute no later than Tuesday, April 30, 2013. Applications received after this date will not be eligible. Names of the award recipients will be posted on the Institute's website www.theohi.ca/scholarships by August 2013.